Monday, 1 November 2010, 6 – 8 pm
near the pizza oven
Warm yourselves by the campfire with marshmallows and hot chocolate. Stroll amongst the lit pumpkins while mingling with your neighbours!
(The city will pick up the pumpkins after the event.)
We now have a fantastic pumpkin piñata to bash about! This will happen around 6:15pm.
Free Education Series about Climate Change
Spring and Autumn 2010
Friends of Christie Pits Park have been awarded a Live Green Toronto grant to host an education series about climate change!
Topics will include local food, the urban forest, biodiversity, power and water conservation.
More details being added regularly.
The Friends of Christie Pits would like to take this opportunity to thank some of the people who help with our events and in general make the park great.
- Rhonda, from the Bob Abate Community Recreation Centre
- Peter Leiss, Parks Supervisor for the City of Toronto
- Councillor Joe Pantalone
- Sonia D’agostino, from the Councillor’s office
- Fiesta Farms and Fiesta Gardens
- Alex and Damien from the Bob Abate Community Recreation Centre